Friday 7 November 2014

Unexpected YWCAToronto visit

I arrived home today, November 6, 2014, to find a YWCA Toronto envelope at my door. On October 30, last week, I was hospitalized for a meltdown. The YWCA responded only today!! A week later!!
Before sharing the loveliness of the letter, there's a few facts you must know.

1. YWCAToronto has a habit of telling me the program rules then breaks them and upon being called on them they say they are sorry for breaking MY rules. One of which we both agreed was not showing up to see me unexpectedly.
2. Their only responsibility is making rental payments. The most asked question I get was what do they do for me??
3. They have been denied entry to my building to see me. On more than one occasion.

Hi Nadia,
We were made aware of recent concern regarding your mental health and we would really like to connect with you in person to help you access support services and to go over the extreme clean options.
I'm gonna stop here.
1. WHO BREACHED MY PERSONAL STRUGGLES WITHOUT MY PERMISSION
2. NOW AFTER A HOSPITALIZATION, THEY SUDDENLY WANT TO HELP GET SUPPORTS
3. WHY DOES IT TAKE FOR ME TO EXPERIENCE  A HOSPITALIZATION FOR THE IDIOTS TO DO SOMETHING
Back to the letter.
We are trying to respect your wish that we do not show up unannounced but due to recent events (MELTDOWN HOSPITALIZATIONS ARE EVENTS NOW?????) it was necessary today.
Would you be available to meet on Wednesday November 12 at 12 noon at YWCA Toronto (again I'd be catering to them)
Please email or call to let us know if this time works for you or to suggest a time that does work. (They know I have no phone and this is catering to them)
Nadia I have also included some information on the Gerstein Centre an organization that helps people who are experiencing mental health crisis. The crisis line is open 24hrs a day for support. YOU ARE ALSO ALWAYS WELCOME TO CALL US FOR SUPPORT. (1.ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME????????????????? 2. THEY KNOW MY HISTORY WITH GERSTEIN)
THE PROGRAM IS MINISTRY OF HEALTH RENT SUPPLEMENT PROGRAM

ASHLEY NELSON
416-923-8454 x 437
80 Woodlawn Ave East
Toronto Ontario
M4T 1C1
anelson@ywcatoronto.org
www.ywcatoronto.org

No comments:

Post a Comment